Teacher

Thursday, December 13, 2018




My favorite subject this term

In this semester, I do not think I had a favorite subject, but if I had to choose one it would be Non-Wood Forest Products. My teacher was Rosemarie Garay. In this subject, we talk about many trees and the benefits that can be obtained from them, different from wood. I was really surprised by the amount of non-wood forest products that exist in our country, in the end everything is good for something.

However, there is very little information on this type of product, there has not been enough research to be in the market with large volumes for sale. Some of these products are the fruits of rosehip and maqui, boldo leaves, flowers of different species, quillay bark, fungus, etc. I think it is very necessary that the market for these products be developed since the people with the lowest resources who have the possibility of accessing forests or plantations could generate their monthly income based on this sale, but as they do not have much recognition today, what they pay the collectors is very little.

The subject I liked because it shows us the other side of the coin, in that not everything is industry and wood, it seems to me a more dynamic area, but difficult.






3 comments: