Teacher

Thursday, December 13, 2018



Changes to my study programme



I think that, in my career, Forest Engineering, they should make many changes in the study programme. The main one, in my opinion, is the organization in terms of field trips, they have been modifying them for years, someone enters the race knowing what the practices of each year will be, but then there are others. I also think that we have to add some subjects and eliminate others. For example, the majority is focused on the industrial area and nowadays, the approach should be extended much more, for example, conservation, non-wood forest products, among other things, should take an important place in the study programme. In addition, there are some elective subjects that I believe should be an obligatory part of our university education.
Another important issue, infrastructure, as a career we have a building with 5 classrooms for around 400 students or more, I find it unacceptable, we must lease the classrooms throughout the year to the career of Agronomy. We must bear in mind that the campus has a fairly large area where there could be another building for us.
Something that I also consider important to address, is the workload and duration of the studies. Currently, at a general level, I think the races are very long, and / or have too many subjects. That must be regulated because I feel that, instead of obtaining more complete professionals, what you get are professionals who know incomplete topics of each area. Having so many subjects and being stressed, makes everyone worry only about passing, no matter that the grade is regular, it is only relevant to pass, because we do not want to delay another year in the race, 5 years are already too long.

2 comments: